1. Prepare the pasta using the package directions, omitting the salt. During the last minute of cooking, stir in the edamame. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water. Transfer the pasta mixture to a colander. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
2. In a small bowl, using a fork, whisk together the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, gingerroot, and garlic powder. Whisk in the reserved pasta water until combined.
3. Spoon the sauce over the pasta, tossing to coat.
4. In a small bowl, gently stir together the avocado, carrots, and cucumber.
5. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the pasta. Top with the avocado mixture.
Cooking Tip: For a different flavor, substitute sunflower seed butter or almond butter for the peanut butter.
Keep it Healthy: When preparing pasta of any kind, try adding some vegetables to the boiling water during the last few minutes of cooking time. It’s a quick way to bulk up the dish and add a serving of veggies to your meal!
Tip: Lightly spray the measuring cup with cooking spray before adding the peanut butter. The peanut butter will slide easily out of the cup.
Tip: Encourage the kids to help with age-appropriate tasks, including measuring and stirring ingredients, whisking the sauce, and sprinkling the sesame seeds.
|348 Per Serving
|| 13g Per Serving
||9g Per Serving