1. Trim the visible fat off the chicken.
2. Add oil to a pan and set heat to medium.
3. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt-free creole seasoning on chicken and rub until the chicken is covered in seasoning.
4. Add the chicken to the pan and brown on each side, then set aside.
5. Add chopped yellow onion, green onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic to the pan and cook until translucent.
6. Add dry roux, 1 ½ tablespoon salt-free creole seasoning, broth and water. Whisk until lumps dissolve.
7. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes. If the gravy is too thick, add additional water.
8. Add chicken back to the pan. Cover and cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat while stirring occasionally. Remove the lid during the last 5 minutes of cooking time to allow the gravy to thicken.