1. Boil the egg:
a. Place the egg in a small pot and fill it with enough water to cover the egg.
b. Bring the pot to a boil, turn off the heat, and cover for 10 minutes.
c. Shock it in an ice bath after boiling.
2. Drain the canned chicken.
3. Chop green onions and celery.
4. Add chicken, green onions, celery, ranch, and sweet pickle relish to a bowl, and mix together.
5. Peel and chop the boiled egg, then gently stir it into the chicken salad mix.
6. Optional – gently stir in chopped grapes or apples if you like a sweeter chicken salad.