Looking for help, but don't know where to go?
Our Partners at Vialink provide the following services in partnership with our Local Capital Area United Way and Louisiana Dept. of Health. For additional national resources, you can visit our partner Project Healthy Minds for more resources.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline/9-8-8:
Dial 9-8-8 or 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to be connected with a live specialist. If you are having thoughts of suicide, are thinking of attempting suicide, or are worried about a loved one having thoughts of suicide there is a safe space to talk 24/7. Vialink answers all call for our area and everyone who answers the phone is extensively trained in suicide intervention theory and risk assessment.
● Available 24/7 by dialing 1-866-310-7977
● Provides emotional support statewide for individuals feeling stressed or anxious due to the COVID19 pandemic or recent natural disasters
● Provides a safe place to ask questions, vent frustrations, express anxieties, and find support during the COVID19 pandemic or in the aftermath of a recent natural disaster
● Available by dialing 1-833-LA-CHILD (522-4453) or by texting 225-424-1533. Available statewide.
● provides 24/7 emotional support for parents.
● provides a safe space for parents to express their frustrations, ask parenting questions and get support. LA Parentline specialists can offer emotional support, de-escalation, crisis intervention, information & referral, and plans for coping.
● All specialists are mandated reporters, and trained in identifying potential child abuse and making timely reports to DCFS. Specialists can also assist those who may have concerns about potential child abuse in the reporting process and offer support. By providing this access to support 24/7 VIA LINK hopes to prevent child abuse, reduce any instances of unreported abuse, and provide information, support, and coping for parents.
● Follow up calls can also be offered to parents to increase their circle of support
Crisis Teen Textline:
● Text 833-TXT-TEEN (989-8336) 24/7 to get connected to a live specialist. Available statewide.
● Crisis text line aimed at ages 12-22 to connect adolescents to support 24/7. No issue is too big or too small.