The Mission of BRBAC’ Metro Health is to implement strategies that will reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS and other communicable diseases through education, to provide risk reduction counseling and testing, to encourage early testing, to motivate behavioral changes in persons who exhibit high risk behaviors, to increase awareness of preventive services, provide youth intervention services, and, when possible, provide direct medical and supportive services or arrange for the provision of such services through referral to appropriate collaborative treatment centers and other partners.
Services provided by Metro Health include:
• Risk Reduction Counseling
• HIV/Hep C/STI Counseling and Testing
• Connection to Care and/or Treatment
• PrEP and PEP Referrals
• Non-Medical Case Management/Supportive Services (STRMU)
• Risk Reduction
• Case Management/Supportive Services for Persons who are HIV Positive
• Wellness Services such as Blood Pressure, Diabetes Screening, Pap Smears, Physical Exams, etc.
• Street Outreach and Education
• COVID-19 Testing and Vaccinations
• Prevention Material (Condom) Distribution
• Substance Abuse Counseling, Referral and Placement
• Youth Development Sessions/Programs
Social Media Handles: @brmetrohealth - Facebook & Twitter, @BRBACMetroHealth - Instagram, BRBAC Metro Health - YouTube,
- 6 - 10 years
- 11 - 17 years
- 18 - 25 years
- 26 - 40 years
- 41 - 64 years
- 65+ years
- Transgender Woman
- Transgender Man
- Gender Non-conforming
Special populations served:
- Pregnant persons
- People who are experiencing homelessness
- People with experience of substance use
- People who have been recently released
HIV/STI Services Provided Section
Does your organization provide any of the following Prevention Services?
STI Testing (not including HIV)
What services does your organization provide?(non-Ryan White funded)
Housing Resources - HOPWA
Additional Requirements Section
Does your organization provide any of the following Tele-services?
Referral Process: Do you need to be referred to receive services?
Is government-issued identification required to receive services? If yes, what form of ID do you require?
Payments: Which form of payments does your organization accept?
Are there additional criteria for clients to receive services?
Is there public transportation available with one mile of your company/agency? (Does the city bus route have a stop within walking distance?)